Smallville - It's our new obsession. This summer we have watched the last 5 seasons of the show. Each episode is approximately 42 minutes long and there are 22 episodes per season. So... that's a lot of time.
For those of you who aren't afflicted with Smallville-itis, the show is about Superman's teenage years. It is the prequel to the Daily Planet, glasses-wearing, Lois Lane lovin', Metropolis crime fighting days.
Smallville, KS is where a meteor strike took place, bringing with it... Superbaby. Jonathan and Martha Kent find him and adopt him as their own Clark Kent. Clark develops new abilities or special powers each year. He also begins to learn about his home planet, Krypton and his Achilles' heel, Kryptonite. He naively befriends the millionaire, Lex Luthor, who later becomes his nemesis.
Clark was raised by the Kents to have good moral values and to stand up for what's right. He is always looking for the good in others. And yet, he is forced to lie on a daily basis to those he cares about most. Namely, Lana Lang, his high school love interest. Clark has to protect the secret of who he really is so that the Luthors and other evildoers won't exploit and/or manipulate him for their own gains. The 6th season premiers Thursday, Sept. 28 on the CW @ 7pm CST.
Saturday, September 23, 2006
Smallville Obsession
Posted by Lindsay at 7:45 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So, did the season premiere live up to your hopes? I didn’t get to see it...
Lindsay -
I had no idea you were a Smallville junkie. I feel a bit old to be one, but I must admit I am. I spent the summer getting caught up also. Thank goodness for Netflix and the DVR! :) Janene
The 6th season looks like it could hold a lot of potential. I liked the premier. I wonder if we'll see the tights and cape this season.
well lindsay,
ever since you told me about how cool smallviille is i have been watching it every night after church on sunday. i never thought i would like the show but it really is cool. so im thinkin ur gonna have to let me watch some of yours to i can get caught up on all the action.
Tiffanie
Post a Comment