CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Gone for 12 Years














Jay D Judah passed away on October 14, 1994, after a serious car accident. My dad was only 41 years old. I was 12 when he died, my twin brothers were 10. I know he would be proud of us now, of the adults we have become.
A favorite memory that I have of him is when he would take us to school in the morning. My brothers and I would plead that mom always sang songs like "You are my Sunshine" with us. When dad drove he liked to sing the Beatles. "It's been a hard day's night and I been workin like a dog ..." We learned the words because we wanted to sing along with dad. Another great memory that I have of him is going cruising on weekend afternoons in one of dad's sports cars. He always liked fast cars. My particular favorite was his red Iroc-Z with t-tops. My brothers and I would squeeze into the not-so-spacious backseat and dad would crank up Alabama (of all bands?) and we'd just drive around town.
He was a quiet man, a hardworker, a sports lover, a car fanatic. He was a very intelligent pharmacist. He would have my little brothers interested in and scanning through the encyclopedias to learn about things they liked. He was also great at carving out pumpkins as you can see above.
I am so glad that my dad met my husband. If you haven't read the story of how Josh and I met, see below. Just a year or so before he died, he got to meet his future son-in-law. I can't wait to see my dad again in heaven. I wonder what he's driving up there.

1 comments:

CAC said...

Lindsay and I hadn't been friends for very long when her Dad passed away. But, I do have one very distinct memory of him. One time when I was spending the night at Lindsay's house, we decided to have some sherbet. Jay told me that he liked to put Grape Nuts on his sherbet. So, I tried it, and, I liked it. I still enjoy that snack to this day. I can't believe it has been 12 years.

Linds, I love you, and have been praying for you this week. Thanks for sharing about your Dad.