CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 07, 2007

Minor Scare

On Thursday morning at 8:30 am, I had a prenatal visit to check on the baby. They found that my blood pressure was pretty high. Then they saw how swollen I was and asked me if I had had any headaches. I had 2 big headaches this week. So my midwife sent me to Freeman Hospital so they could run labwork and monitor me for the day to see if something was wrong. I got scared cuz they said they might have to induce me last night if they found something. Josh came and sat with me the whole time. But all of the labs came back fine and my blood pressure went down to normal. I got to leave the hospital after about 4 or 5 hours. I started having contractions yesterday, but they were only consistant for 30 min (every 3 min), then they stopped. I was given bedrest until Monday when they can check me again. I guess we should get our hospital bag packed, since little Jesse might come sooner than we think. Please keep us in your prayers.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsay...I just had to comment when I read your post...this is sooo weird that your blood pressure was/has been high. The exact same thing happened to me 3 weeks before I was due with Makenna, but I was also running a fever. I was sent to the hospital for observation, and ended up having an emergency c-section 4 hours later. A guy that Tanner works with, his wife was due in 3.5 weeks, on Thursday her blood pressure was super high, and she ended up getting induced and had the baby later that day. Very weird that this keeps happening! It's not so bad if they come early...they're a lot littler and I'm sure easier to push out! :) Good luck!!!
Beth