Chiseling ice off of a car is never easy. Glad I have a husband for that kind of hard labor. He was great! He even went out to buy me flowers to remind me of warmer days. I thank God that we still have electricity.
Southwest Missouri has been pummeled by ice and winter weather since Friday afternoon. Schools and businesses started shutting down. There was no church anywhere on Sunday. All schools were cancelled Monday. Not to mention that there are 300,000 Missourians without power right now, including my parents, Matthew and Kirsten, and Nathan in Springfield has been without since Friday. Slumber party at our apartment since we're the only ones with heat! Knock on wood.
Josh was acting out a little "Triple Dog Dare" from the 80's movie, A Christmas Story. One boy dared another boy (who said your tongue won't stick to a pole) to stick his tongue to a pole when it was freezing outside. Of course, he got stuck!
5
comments:
Anonymous
said...
hey lindsay! although it's horrible that people don't have electricity, i always like storms, because they force you to live like people used to--you cook bigger meals, snuggle up under blankets, spend more time with people. and people tend to be nicer! yes! great pics. -jordan
It forces people to talk with one another instead of relating to their tv or computer. I'm not sure about the "people tend to be nicer" though. I know a few that get a little testy without the luxury of electricity.
Love your pictures. The snow is so pretty! It was close to 60 degrees here yesterday, but it is finally getting colder today. Maybe you could send some snow our direction?
I am a 28 year old Licensed Professional Counselor. I have been married to my wonderful husband, Josh, for 7 years. We are the proud parents of Jesse Tyler, who is now the topic of every post.
5 comments:
hey lindsay! although it's horrible that people don't have electricity, i always like storms, because they force you to live like people used to--you cook bigger meals, snuggle up under blankets, spend more time with people. and people tend to be nicer! yes! great pics.
-jordan
It forces people to talk with one another instead of relating to their tv or computer. I'm not sure about the "people tend to be nicer" though. I know a few that get a little testy without the luxury of electricity.
Love your pictures. The snow is so pretty! It was close to 60 degrees here yesterday, but it is finally getting colder today. Maybe you could send some snow our direction?
We would be happy to send it in any direction but our own. It really does look gorgeous with the glistening ice on the trees.
Does anyone know how to get my tongue off that pole? 'I nneed fome hot waatteerr ppleezz.'
Post a Comment