CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 26, 2007

Life is Good

Something that I don't recognize often enough is how good my life is. I don't have to worry about where I'll find food each day. I don't have a terminal illness or painful physical affliction. I have an education, and I got to choose where and what it would be. I have a warm apartment to wake up in each morning. I have a family who loves and cares about me. I have the freedom to speak, and to vote, and to worship as I please. I have employment and transportation and clothing. I not only have one pair of shoes to protect my feet, but a whole closet full of them. I can see because I have the luxury of choosing to wear glasses or contacts. I don't have to worry every day about bombs when I go out to the grocery store. I have clean water to drink, and to bathe, and to even water the grass. There is no restriction on how many children I'm allowed to have. I have NOT only all of my "needs," but many of my "wants" as well. It seems kind of funny that we can have a bad day because of a flat tire, our team losing the game, some jerk cutting you off in traffic, tele-marketers, running late, a stain on your favorite shirt, rainshowers immediately following your car wash, losing your keys, or having to do more work than you expected.


I need to keep this list handy when I get down about one thing in my life that might be going badly. I can look to all of these opportunities and blessings to put things back in perspective. By the way, I love that song, "So you had a bad day..." We can all think of things that would make our lives better. Unfortunately, we evaluate how our life is going on what we think we still need rather than on what we already have. Take a second to think it over. Life is good, when you really think about it.

1 comments:

CAC said...

just watched the video. love it. very cute!